Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Will Bake for Food

Baking season is here! Hooray!

Finally, I have an excuse to try exotic recipes and stock my pantry with nuts and chocolate and five different kinds of flour. This is the only time of year we allow ourselves to make the truly decadent candies and morsels that satisfy the baker's soul. My fingers get all twitchy as I start making a mental list of the goodies I'll craft for friends and family. Shopping for presents is lots of fun, but baking for presents is sheer delight. All is well with the world when you can assemble a tin of nut brittle and toffee with pecan sandies sandwiched in between...or maybe pralines.

Alas, my early season ambition is always thwarted by the busy reality of kids and chores and even illness. So I have decided to chronicle my seasonal quest for baking perfection and see how close I can get to accomplishing what I want. Maybe writing this all down will help keep me in the kitchen.

Confections and Baked Goods

  1. Fruit cake (taken with rave reviews to Thanksgiving in Indiana)
  2. Toffee
  3. Pecan, almond and cashew brittle
  4. Peppermint and chocolate bark
  5. Chocolate covered cherries
  6. Cheesecake
  7. Coconut cream pie
  8. Mounds of hot buttery rolls
  9. Pecan tart
  10. Blueberry coffee cake
  11. Decorated sugar cookes
  12. Giant birthday cake for my son's first birthday
Potential Gift Recipients
  1. Three Sunday School teachers
  2. One Public School teacher
  3. Six close friends
  4. Several neighbors
  5. Mailman
  6. Trash Collectors
  7. One giant gift and goodie filled basket for my aunt and grandmother
I'll be pleased if I can get half of this done.

No comments: